Salamat Dok (Thank You, Doctor) is the Philippines' only live magazine health program that incorporates the aspects of public service, medical health information, alternative approaches and practical home remedy tips for our viewers.
The program aims to raise public health awareness, provide free on-air consultations with the help medical experts as resource persons and give free medical assistance hrough week;y free clinics insde the ABS-CBN Compound.
Salamat Dok first went on air in April 2004, as a spin-off program from a segment of the same title in the early morning show Magandang Umaga, Bayan!
Through its almost eight years on air, Salamat Dok only had two major changes in program host. Former ABS-CBN journalist Cheryl Cosim hosted the program for 6 years. Public service icon Bernadette Sembrano took over in 2010, and a year after, senior broadcast-journalist Alvin Elchico joined in, with health correspondent Sol Aragones doing the medical mission rounds. The Bernadette-Alvin tandem proved to be a good team-up, making the early morning weekends of ABS-CBN light, interesting and informative. In less than a year, their tandem won as Best Public Service Program Hosts by the UP Los Banos Gandingan Awards.
Aside from tackling a particular illness, health condition or issue, Salamat Dok also has VTR segments that cater to specific health-related concerns:
- Latest international and local health news, medical breakthroughs and discoveries
- Basic information on over-the-counter and prescribed generic medicines
- Features sports, exercises, dance routines or physical workouts, as well as latest fitness gadgets and paraphernalia; also wellness activities fotr over-all physical, mental and emotional health and relaxation
- Simple, nutritious, affordable and easy-to-prepare recipes and nutrition practices
- Home remedy tips using ingredients and stuff available at home
- A public service segment featuring sick, indigent people who need financial help
- Parenting and relationship tips involving each member of the family
- Medical advice on minor illnesses/conditions, both preventive and curative
Email us at email@example.com.
Tel# 4152272 local 5331